The best way to get your printer checked to why it is printing slow is to call the Epson service team. But due to the nature of the servicing job, it is advisable to sort such issues on your own if possible. With some quick troubleshooting steps, you will be able to figure out why your printer printing slow and fix it immediately.
WHY IS MY PRINTER PRINTING SLOW?
There are many reasons why your printer is printing slow. Some of the common reasons are:
- Errors with your internet connection.
- Printing quality differences
- The printer is overloaded
- Pending printing jobs
- Overheating issue in the printer.
- Low system memory is unable to print high-resolution images.
- Too many programs are up and running in the system at the same
HOW TO FIX A PRINTER PRINTING SLOW ERROR?
Listed below are some of the best methods you can use to fix get your printer back to its normal printing speed.
CLEAR THE PRINTER DIRECTORY AND CANCEL PRINTING JOBS
- From the Windows option, go to the Control Panel.
- From the Hardware and Sound option, go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Select your Epson printer and right-click on it to See What’s Printing.
- If any pending printing jobs are seen, then cancel them and see if
- it fixes your printer printing slow error.
CHECK YOUR PRINTER PREFERENCES
- From the Start option, go to the Printers and Scanners option.
- Right-click on the printer option and see what the printing preference is.
- Make sure that your Epson printer is the preferred printer on your system.
TURN OFF QUIET MODE ON YOUR EPSON PRINTER
- Go to the Setup section of your Epson printer.
- Click on Printer Setup and press OK.
- Select the Quiet Mode and click on Off and exit the window.
UPDATE THE PRINTER DRIVER
- Again from the Control Panel, go to the Devices and Printers option.
- From the list of the Printers available on the system, right-click on your Epson printer device.
- Choose the Update Driver option from the list.
- Choose Automatic update of the printer driver.
- If there is no printer update available, you can check on Epson’s official website by entering your product name and model number.
- Run the installer to complete the setup and fix your printer printing slow error.
- In a similar way, you can uninstall and reinstall the printer driver if needed.
CHECK FOR PRINT QUALITY AND FONTS USED
The print quality and the fonts required for your documents also may be the reason why your Epson printer is printing slow. You can change the font and reduce the printing quality option from the Advanced Settings option and see if it restores the printing speed back to normal.
If the above methods still don’t help resolve the Epson printer printing slow error, then get in touch with Epson’s servicing team. You can also contact us at epson printer support as our team of technical experts is capable to resolve any printer-related inquiries.